Terms and conditions
By participating in the University Discount Program administered by the Pepperdine University (the "University"), Merchant or authorized agent of Merchant (collectively "Merchant") acknowledges that Merchant has read the following Waves Discount Program Terms and Conditions. Merchant will comply with applicable Waves Discount Programs Terms and Conditions, University policies, and state law.
- The Waves Discount Program will be administered through the Internet.
- Interested Merchants should apply for participation using the approved Waves Discount Program Form. Merchants must complete the enrollment form and provide all requested information.
- Once submitted, the Waves Discount Program Form is reviewed by the Pepperdine University Alumni Affairs Office to determine eligibility and compliance with provisions of the Waves Discount Program policy.
- If the Merchant's application is denied, Merchant will receive appropriate notification. All decisions of the Pepperdine University Alumni Affairs Office are final.
- If the Merchant's application is approved, the Pepperdine University Alumni Affairs Office will authorize the Merchant's discount information to be displayed on the appropriate University websites.
The Waves Discount Program website will contain a link to this policy and the following disclaimers:
- Participation by an individual or a business in the Waves Discount Program does not constitute an endorsement by the University of the individual or business or the products or services offered by the participating Merchant.
- Cardholders are encouraged to compare prices, services, and products before making a purchase with the Merchant.
- Cardholders must discuss directly with the merchant any questions or concerns that they have with the Merchant's products or services.
- Inclusion of a product or service in the Waves Discount Program is not a guarantee by the University of the quality or performance of a product or service.
- The University is not responsible for any disputes arising between a participating Merchant and a cardholder as the result of an agreement or transaction entered into between such a Merchant and the cardholder.
- Specific products and services, as well as the Waves Discount Program itself, are subject to discontinuation at any time.
- Merchant agrees to offer a merchandise discount or other special offer to cardholders (students, faculty/staff, alumni, parents or any combination thereof). All offers and target audiences will be set forth and enforced by the Merchant. Qualified University cards are any valid, unexpired University cards bearing the Pepperdine University logo and marks of the University.
- Merchant agrees to take the following and all other reasonable steps to ensure that the qualified University card presented is valid: 1. The University card must bear valid University logo and marks of the University. 2. The University card should not be physically altered in any way.
- Merchant warrants that the discount provided through the Waves Discount Program represents an actual discount of the price of the goods and services normally offered by the Merchant to the general public.
- Merchants whose primary sales consist of products or services that conflict with University or departmental policies or interests, including but not limited to alcohol, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products, gambling services, sexual services, adult entertainment, firearms, and/or tattoo/piercing services, may not participate in the Waves Discount Program.
- Merchant warrants that it will not offer discounts to products or services that conflict with University or departmental policies or interests, including but not limited to alcohol, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products, gambling services, sexual services, adult entertainment, firearms, and/or tattoo/piercing services.
- Merchant will keep its website information up-to-date if it uses a website to communicate information to cardholders regarding prices, products, services, and dates discount is being offered.
- Merchant will use the Waves Discount Program Form to notify the University regarding any discount items that have been discontinued or withdrawn.
- Merchant agrees that it shall not advertise any connection with the University or its Board of Trustees, or use the University's name, symbols or any other identifying, marks or property, or make any representations, either express or implied, as to the University's promotion or endorsement of the Merchant or Merchant's business, unless it has received written permission from the University. Furthermore, promoting or advertising alcohol, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products, gambling services, sexual services, adult entertainment, firearms, and/or tattoo/piercing services in conjunction with the Waves Discount Program is prohibited.
A Merchant's participation in the Waves Discount Program does not constitute or create a contract or an agent relationship between the Merchant and the University, and participation as a discount service or product provider is separate and distinct from the provision of any services through a vendor contract with the University.
- The University may discontinue the Waves Discount Program at any time or discontinue a Merchant's participation in the program or the Merchant's ability to offer a particular product or service without advance notice.
- The University may revise or modify the program at any time without advance notice.
- The University reserves the right to refuse or terminate participation in the Waves Discount Program to any Merchants who do not comply with the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
- The University may refuse or terminate participation in the Waves Discount Program to any Merchant based on complaints from cardholders or for any other reason deemed to be in the best interest of the University.
It is agreed that all rights, title, and interests in the University Discount Program are the exclusive property of the University and may not be used by the Merchant for any purposes whatsoever without the prior written permission of the University.