Forwarding Instructions for windows live hotmail
Step One: Create your alumni e-mail address
- Go to Email Forwarding for Life
- Log In with your User Name and Password. Click Submit.
- Check the Email Forwarding for Life box to enable your account
- Choose your email name for @alumni.pepperdine.edu
- Enter email address where mail will be forwarded (this is your current Live, MSN, or Hotmail account)
- Click Submit.
Step Two: Transfer emails from your student account into your Windows Live account
This step is for recent graduates only. For those without a student e-mail account, proceed to step three.
- Sign in to Windows Live Hotmail.
- On the Action bar at the top right of the page, click Options, and then select More options.
- Under “Manage your account”, click Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts.
- Under “You can receive mail from these accounts”, click Add an e-mail account.
- Click Advanced options.
- Enter your @alumni.pepperdine.edu email address
- POP3 username: (your Wavenet username)
- Password: (your Wavenet password)
- Incoming mail server: pop.pepperdine.edu
- Port: 995
- Check: This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
- Do not check: Leave a copy of my messages on the server
- Click Next.
- Select the whether you want your incoming mail to go in a folder or your inbox and what color you would like unread messages to appear, and click Save.
- Click Go to Inbox.
- You will receive the Windows Live Hotmail: Verify your e-mail address email in your Hotmail inbox. *This may take several hours*
- Click the link in the message Hotmail sent to verify your @alumni.pepperdine.edu address
- Click Return to inbox.
- Only some users, including users who have a paid subscription to Windows Live Hotmail, can add a POP3 account to their Windows Live Hotmail account.
- Paying Windows Live Hotmail users can add up to four POP3 accounts.
- The maximum size of an e-mail message that you can download is 15 MB. Messages that are larger than 15 MB won't be downloaded.
- You can download 50 messages at a time. If you have to download more than 50 messages, you must download 50 of them at a time.
Step Three: Send email from your @alumni.pepperdine.edu address
- Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail.
- Open your Inbox by clicking Mail.
- On the Action bar at the top left of the page, click New.
- Next to the “From” box, click the arrow ↓, and then click your alumni forwarding email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Complete your email message, and then click Send.
- When you send mail from a different address in Windows Live Hotmail, the e-mail recipient may receive information that's similar to the following: "From: ‘your Windows Live Hotmail e-mail address' on behalf of email@example.com"
For personalized help, please contact the Pepperdine University Alumni Office at (310) 506-6190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.