Recent Graduate FAQ's
As a recent graduate, you still have an active student e-mail and Wavenet account. Depending on your degree confirmation date, these accounts will expire 90 of that date. The best way to continue using the Pepperdine name for resumes, business cards, and networking is to set up an alumni Email Forwarding for Life e-mail address.
Click here to find out how to set up your alumni Email Forwarding for Life e-mail address.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I sign up for an alumni Email Forwarding for Life e-mail account?
- What happens if someone e-mails me at my old student address?
- What happens to my student e-mail account if I don't request an alumni account?
- Six months have passed since my graduation - can I sign up for an alumni Email Forwarding for Life e-mail address now?
Right now, your primary goal may be to find a job. To show all you have to offer, display your Pepperdine alumni Email Forwarding for Life e-mail address on your resume. That way, employers will see the quality of your education from the get-go.
In the long run, you may change jobs, locations, and e-mail servers several times. Many things will change, but this Email Forwarding for Life email address will remain. Simply signup for Email Forwarding for Life at https://alumni.pepperdine.edu/email-forwarding, and your e-mails will be automatically redirected to you.
Once your student e-mail is disabled, you will no longer be able to receive e-mails at your student e-mail address. The sender will receive a bounce-back message that this account no longer exists.
To ease your transition, we recommend the following steps:
- Set up an alumni Email Forwarding for Life e-mail account in https://alumni.pepperdine.edu/email-forwarding.
- Forward your mail in Wavenet to an outside (Gmail, Yahoo or similar third party email service provider) e-mail account.
- Set up an out-of-office message in your Wavenet account that will inform the senders of your incoming messages of your graduation and of your new Email Forwarding for Life e-mail address. This out-of-office message will continually notify your contacts as they attempt to reach you.
- Transfer your existing Pepperdine e-mail messages to an outside active e-mail account using POP.
Depending on your degree confirmation date, this account will expire in 90 days of that date. All saved e-mail messages and contacts are deleted at that time.
You will receive 90, 60 and 30-day notices prior to account's scheduled deletion.
Yes, this benefit will always be available to you. Sign into https://alumni.pepperdine.edu/email-forwarding to register for your new Email Forwarding for Life address. Once you have your new address, sign in to your outside e-mail account follow these instructions so that you can send and receive using your new e-mail address.