Recent Graduate FAQ's
As a recent graduate, you still have an active student e-mail account. Depending on your date of graduation, this account will expire within 5 - 10 months of that date. Email deletions occur in January. The best way to continue using the Pepperdine name for resumes, business cards, and networking is to set up an alumni e-mail address.
Click here to find out how to set up your alumni e-mail address.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I sign up for an alumni e-mail account?
- What happens if someone e-mails me at my old student address?
- What happens to my student e-mail account if I don't request an alumni account?
- Six months have passed since my graduation - can I sign up for an alumni e-mail address now?
- My e-mail address has not expired yet, but I cannot access through Wavenet. Where can I access it?
Right now, your primary goal may be to find a job. To show all you have to offer, display your Pepperdine alumni e-mail address on your resume. That way, employers will see the quality of your education from the get-go.
In the long run, you may change jobs, locations, and e-mail servers several times. Many things will change, but this forwarding address will remain. Simply update your forwarding information on PAN Online, and your e-mails will be automatically redirected to you.
Once your student e-mail is disabled, you will no longer be able to receive e-mails at your student e-mail address. The sender will receive a bounce-back message that this account no longer exists.
To ease your transition, we recommend the following steps:
- Set up an alumni e-mail account in PAN Online.
- Forward your mail in Wavenet to an outside e-mail account.
- Set up an out-of-office message in your Wavenet account that will inform the senders of your incoming messages of your graduation and of your new e-mail address. This out-of-office message will continually notify your contacts as they attempt to reach you.
- Transfer your existing Pepperdine e-mail messages to an outside active e-mail account using POP.
Depending on your date of graduation, this account will expire within 5 - 10 months of that date. Email deletions occur in January whether or not you set up an alumni email address. All saved e-mail messages and contacts are deleted at that time.
You will receive 90- and 30-day notices prior to account's scheduled deletion.
Yes, this benefit will always be available to you. Sign on to PAN Online to register for your new address. Once you have your new address, sign in to your outside e-mail account follow these instructions so that you can send and receive using your new e-mail address.
Your Wavenet account will change from student to alumni within a couple of weeks of your graduation and will not display any "student" resources, including e-mail. During this transitional phase, you can access your e-mail through webmail. When entering your login information, your domain is student (student\user name).