Pepperdine University is a Christian university committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values, where students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership.
As a Christian Universrity Pepperdine Affirms:
- that God is
- that God is revealed uniquely in Christ
- that the educational process may not, with impunity, be divorced from the divine process
- that the student, as a person of infinite dignity, is the heart of the educational enterprise
- that the quality of student life is a valid concern of the university
- that truth, having nothing to fear from investigation, should be pursued relentlessly in every discipline
- that spiritual commitment, tolerating no excuse for mediocrity, demands the highest standards of academic excellence
- that freedom, whether spiritual, intellectual, or economic, is indivisible
- that knowledge calls, ultimately, for a life of service
Pepperdine is affiliated with Churches of Christ, of which the University’s founder, George Pepperdine, was a lifelong member.