Pepperdine University Department of Campus Recreation is a unit of the Division of Student Affairs of Seaver College. The departments programs and services include: Club Sports, Fitness and Wellness, Informal Recreation, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Recreation, PR/Marketing and Outreach, Special Events and Excursions, Summer Youth Classes and recreational facilities. The diversity and variety of sport and fitness activities and recreational facilities available assure opportunities for individuals to participate, whatever their level of ability and experience.
Campus Recreation is dedicated to enriching the Pepperdine community by offering high-quality, diverse, and safe programs, services and facilities that encourage healthy, active and balanced lifestyles.
We are committed to the development and education of the whole person (mind, body and spirit) by fostering intellectual and leadership growth, promoting lifelong healthy behaviors, and enhancing self esteem and spiritual awareness. The Department of Campus Recreation is committed to the mission of Pepperdine University to strengthen students for lives of purpose, service and leadership.
Campus Recreation will positively impact the lives of all students of the Pepperdine community.
To accomplish our mission, the department's strategic plan will be to:
- Develop Christ-centered principles of leadership, management and values.
- Offer quality, educational, innovative and dynamic programs and services to the Pepperdine community in the areas of Aquatics, Club Sports, Fitness and Wellness, Informal Recreation, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Special Events and Excursions, and Summer Youth Classes to develop the whole person.
- Provide a safe environment in all Campus Recreation involved programs and facilities.
- Recruit, develop and retain knowledgeable, well trained and diverse student and professional staff.
- Manage and safeguard appropriate resources of Campus Recreation and Pepperdine University.
- Implement a comprehensive Communication Plan which embodies PR/Marketing and Outreach, internal and external communication, and provide for on-going assessment.
Our philosophy is to anticipate and exceed the diverse needs of the entire university community by providing caring, respectful, knowledgeable and high standard service interactions.
"Renew your strength"
Isaiah 40: 29-31
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those whose hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings likes eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Much of student learning takes place outside of the classroom. Student Affairs departments, including this one, seek to support student learning and development. Click here for a specific list of Student Learning Outcomes of this department.