CAMPUS RECREATION Upper Field Usage Policy
1. The Upper Field may be used by the following:
a. Any recognized student group (i.e. Sports Clubs, Student Clubs, or Classes, etc.)
b. Any Pepperdine departmental group for events (sports, BBQ’s, etc.)
c. Individual students during open play hours, which are to be posted at the entrance to the Field.
2. The Campus Recreation office is responsible for coordinating the usage of the field. Reservations can be made through the Campus Recreation website or by email to the Intramural and Club Sports Coordinator. All reservations must be made at least five business days prior to event. A reservation is not valid until written and/or emailed confirmation from Campus Recreation is received. The Intramural and Club Sports Coordinator will handle any conflicts in reservations. The Upper Field is available for use Monday thru Saturday during the hours of 7:00am to 10:00pm, and Sundays from 12:00noon to 10:00pm.
3. All recurring use reservations (team practices, etc) must be resubmitted at the beginning of each semester and at the beginning of summer break. Recurrent use reservations are valid for one term (semester, summer session, etc.) only. Reservations must be specially made for use during the winter and summer breaks.
4. Usage of the Upper Field may be revoked at anytime. Reasons for losing this privilege include but are not limited to: complaints, excessive noise, inappropriate activities, abuse of field or surrounding areas, failure to follow policies or procedures of the University and failure to clean up trash.
5. The field may be closed at anytime due to bad weather, field conditions, emergencies, etc. without prior notification. Every attempt will be made to communicate field closure decisions when possible
6. Lighting of the field is limited to groups that have prior approval and training. The Field may not be lit after 10:00 PM. The generator is only to be used by trained individuals, and only the Intramural and Club Sports Coordinator may approve an individual for use of the generator.
7. The Upper Field is only for use by members of the Pepperdine Community. No outside groups may use the field without prior written approval from Campus Recreation.
Download the PDF version of the Campus Recreation Upper Field Usage Policy.