Terms and Conditions of this Rental Contract
- Eligibility – Rental equipment is available to anyone with a valid Pepperdine ID and credit card.
- Late Fees –
- Formal equipment: All rentals must be returned to Campus Recreation by closing time (7:00 p.m.) on the due date. Late fees will be assessed at $4 per day up until one week. After seven days, the late fee will be a flat $30. Late fees will not be waived. Items not returned by the end of the semester in which they are rented will be considered lost, and the renter will be charged a fee by Campus Recreation for the replacement of the item.
- Informal equipment: All rentals must be returned to Campus Recreation by closing time (7:00 p.m.) the day after items are checked out. Late fees will be assessed at $2 per day up until one week. After seven days, late fee will be a flat $15. Late fees will not be waived. Items not returned by the end of the semester in which they were rented will be considered lost, and the renter will be charged for the replacement of the item.
- Reservations –
- Formal Equipment: Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance with a full payment. Reservations are accepted in person with a credit card or over the phone. If changes are made to a reservation after it has been placed, no refund will be issued.
- Informal Equipment: There are no reservations for informal equipment. Items are rented on a first come first serve basis.
- Equipment pick up – All equipment must be picked up during office hours. No exceptions. Reserved equipment must be picked up on the date specified in the reservation and during office hours or the equipment will be made available to others. Refunds will not be issued for equipment not picked up.
- Cancellations – Cancellations less than five days before pick up are not eligible for a refund or credit. Reservations cancelled five days or more before the scheduled pick up day will receive a full refund.
- Refunds – No refunds or credits will be made due to weather, road conditions, equipment not picked up, unused or returned early. Only cancellations made by Outdoor Recreation trips will result in a full refund.
- Responsibility – The renter is responsible for the equipment checked out and its return in proper condition. Equipment must be returned clean, dry, and in good condition, or a cleaning fee (minimum $10) or damage fee may be assessed. Please check equipment and declare prior damage upon rental. A $2 fee will be assessed if a sleeping bag is returned in the wrong stuff sack. Please check the sleeping bag item number and corresponding item number on the stuff sack before returning your rental.
- Damage/Replacement – A replacement fee will be due for any lost, stolen, or unrepairable equipment. If the equipment is repairable, damages will be assessed at repair cost. Campus Recreation staff will determine the amount of these charges. The maximum fee is the full retail value of the equipment.
- Indemnification – The renter accepts all responsibility for injury to the renter’s person or damage to Pepperdine University property arising out of the renter’s use of rented items.
- Rates and policies - Rates and policies are subject to change without notice.