Advising and Registration
When scheduling your courses, please consider the following:
- Meet with your Academic Advisor before registration opens so that you are prepared to schedule classes.
- Research available course offerings in advance.
- Consider your disability-related needs and issues when scheduling. Some factors to
consider might be:
- What time of day do the classes meet?
- How often do classes meet?
- Can you handle back-to-back classes or do you need breaks?
- Is your coursework balanced, so that you avoid an overload?
- Is there a type of work that is affected by your disability (i.e. if you have an LD in reading, can you handle multiple classes that involve a considerable amount of reading)?
- If you have energy limitations, are you able to get to your next class on time?
When considered appropriate, the DSO may approve priority registration for students upon request. Students who are approved for this accommodation are able to begin registering on the same day as student athletes, one day prior to the start of general registration.