Quite often the most time consuming activity in a student's week can be the time spent deciding which assignment or responsibility to attend to first. A student who has five classes to study for may spend a great deal of time thinking about which classes deserve priority. In order to help you plan your time efficiently from the beginning of the semester, try to follow the steps outlined below.
After you've read these steps for general time management, check out Techniques for Effective Studying for specific strategies to help you make the most efficient use of your studying time.
1. Determine which of your weekly hours are already spoken for. Consider the following categories:
2. TOTAL 168 hours. (There are 168 hours in a week; another inflexible quantity).
3. Fill these times into a weekly schedule. Note specific tasks and classes. Avoid general categories.
4. For a week following the first design of your schedule, keep an accurate count of the time actually spent in each category, noting actual time spent studying for each class, etc.
5. Develop an accurate and realistic schedule that integrates all of your findings.
For specific strategies and tips for getting the most of your studying time, take a look at these Techniques for Effective Studying.