The Center for Estate and Gift Planning
Charitable Gift Annuity
The Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) is a simple agreement between you and Pepperdine and provides you with guaranteed income for life. You donate cash, stock, or real estate directly to Pepperdine in return for Pepperdine’s promise to pay a fixed amount to you during your lifetime. The payout rate is determined based on your age at the time of the gift and when payments are to begin. The older the beneficiary, the higher the rate.
Gift to Pepperdine
Stock, cash, or real estate
Annuity rates based on age of donor
Higher rates for older donors
Annuity Payment For Life
Guaranteed income for life to one or two individuals
Immediate tax deduction
Bypass capital gain taxes
Portion of income is tax-free
Remainder to Pepperdine
After lifetime, remainder benefits Pepperdine, its faculty, and students
CALL FOR HIGHER RATES ON GIFTS OF
STOCK OR CASH!
- Fixed annual income for one or two lives.
- Immediate income tax deduction.
- Avoid potential estate tax.
- Relief from investment and/or real estate management responsibilities.
- Protect assets from future creditors.
- Create a permanent legacy for Pepperdine University, its faculty, and students.
- Bypass a portion of capital gains tax.
Fixed Income for Life
- Payment is guaranteed by the full faith and credit of Pepperdine University.
- Payment is fixed, it will never increase or decrease.
- A portion of the payment is tax free, a portion taxed as capital gain, and a portion taxed as ordinary income.
- The payments begin at the time you designate and are paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.
- Receive an immediate charitable deduction that may be used to offset income from the CGA and/or other income.
- Any charitable deduction that cannot be used in the year of the gift may be carried over for up to five additional years.
- The charitable deduction may increase your after-tax spendable income.
Relief from Investment and Real Estate Management Responsibilities
- By using a CGA, you reduce your investment and management responsibilities by letting Pepperdine take care of them for you.
- Pepperdine takes the risk that investments will increase or decrease.
- The risk is shifted to Pepperdine, and remember, your payments are guaranteed!