News and Events
School of Law Hosts 26th Annual Professional Skills Program
Featuring a panel of nationally recognized experts in dispute resolution, the School of Law's 26th Annual Professional Skills Program will take place over three days, from Thursday, Jun. 20, to Saturday, Jun. 22, on Pepperdine's Malibu campus.
This comprehensive program provides three days of unique educational opportunities for practicing professionals. Participants will network with nationally prominent faculty, as well as participants from the other specialties at plenary sessions, lunches, and receptions. Early enrollment is recommended since many of the sessions fully subscribe.
Participants select the process in which they desire expertise (one course only), as all programs will be presented simultaneously. To provide for personalized instruction, enrollment for each course is limited to ensure a close working relationship among the faculty and participants. Course sessions will include lectures, small group discussions, and practice exercises. Faculty and other participants will also provide performance coaching.
Beyond the synergy of ideas that will provide a truly unique learning experience, these activities have been approved for 18 hours of MCLE credit by the State Bar of California.
- "STAR" - A Systematic Approach to Mediation Strategies
- Advanced Mediation: Skills and Techniques
- Family Law Mediation – When Time is Not on Your Side
- Strategic Negotiation Skills
- Tools of Mindful Awareness for Lawyers, Mediators, Negotiators, Judges, Arbitrators, and Managers
- Apology, Forgiveness, and Reconciliation
- Preventing Bad Settlement Decisions and Impasse: Using Brain Science, Game Theory, Animated Communication, and Micro-Interventions
- Elder Care Mediation
- Mediator Boot Camp
- Conflict Resolution Consulting: Using Mediation to Improve Organizational Communications, Conflict Coaching, Team Building, Leadership, Change and Systems Design
For more information and to register, visit the School of Law Web site.