News and Events
News & Events Recaps
- The 2008 Pepperdine men's volleyball team's amazing run through the postseason schedule last year landed them among the top 10 "Greatest Sports Moments of 2008," as determined by the Los Angeles Sports Council. The team was honored at the Fourth Annual Los Angeles Sports Awards, which took place on Jan. 23, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.
- The Herbert and Elinor Institute on Law, Religion, and Ethics brought two of Pepperdine's most lauded experts in law and rhetoric together in a forum titled "Obama, Religious Faith, and the Public Square: A Conversation with Doug Kmiec and John Jones," which took place on Friday, Jan. 23, before a standing-room-only crowd.
- To celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Jan. 19 and the inauguration of President Barack Obama on Jan. 20, the Black Law Students Association (BLSA) at Pepperdine University held a panel discussion on Wednesday, Jan. 21, at the School of Law.
- Four Pepperdine mathematics students presented the results of a year-long research project at the annual joint meetings of the American Mathematical Society (AMS) and Mathematical Association of America (MAA) that was held January 5-8 in Washington D.C.
- The Fall 2009 application deadline for Seaver College students has been extended to Monday, Feb. 2 from the original deadline of January 15. To be considered by the Admission Committee, an application and all supporting documents from potential students must be postmarked by February 2.
- The results for the Pepperdine School of Law students who took the July 2008 California Bar Exam have been released, and the school has had another strong showing. While the overall passage rate for all takers was 61.7 percent and the pass rate for schools accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) in California (first-time takers) was 83 percent, Pepperdine's passage rate was significantly higher at 89 percent.
- The first issue of the 2009 Graziadio Business Report has been published online and can be read, shared, and commented on at http://gbr.pepperdine.edu.
- Heidi Bernard, director of the Crest Associates at Pepperdine University, will be installed as president of the Malibu Chamber Board of Directors on January 27, broadening her role as a uniting force between the University and the neighboring Malibu community.
- Pepperdine University professors Edward J. Larson and Stewart Davenport joined the dialogue about law, religion, and ethics, as panel members at the Christian Legal Thought Fifth Annual Conference on Saturday, Jan. 10, in San Diego, California.
- Approximately 200 spirited Pepperdine University students attended a "pepp" rally at the Malibu campus Waves Café Thursday, Jan. 8, to celebrate the start of a new basketball season.
- The Fall 2009 application deadline for Seaver College students on Thursday, Jan. 15 is fast approaching. To be considered by the Admission Committee, an application and all supporting documents from potential students must be postmarked by January 15.
- Seaver College students flocked to Firestone Fieldhouse Wednesday, Jan. 7, for the first convocation of 2009. As part of the weekly morning series to enrich Christian faith and values among Pepperdine students, the inaugural convocation featured author and AIDS activist Kay Warren, who told her tale of "dangerous surrender," also the title of her recently published book.