News and Events
News & Events Recap
- For the third time in school history, Pepperdine University claimed the Division I-AAA Athletics Directors Association All-Sports trophy, which is awarded to the Division I school without football that has the most postseason success over the course of the school year.
- The Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at the School of Law hosted the 25th Annual Summer Professional Skills Program in Dispute Resolution from June 21 to 23, on the Malibu campus, featuring a panel of nationally recognized experts in dispute resolution.
- The Graziadio School of Business and Management, in partnership with Beacon Economics, hosted the fourth annual "What's Next LA?" economic forecast conference Jun. 21, at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott. The annual event was presented in partnership with Pepperdine's Presidential and Key Executive MBA program and attended by hundreds of business and public sector leaders from across the Los Angeles region.
- The Pepperdine men's volleyball team was honored on June 14 as the NCAA released its public recognition awards for Division I athletic teams with outstanding Academic Progress Rate (APR) scores. The team, under the direction of head coach Marv Dunphy, received the award for the fourth straight year and the fifth time overall. Division I teams that posted multi-year APRs in the top-10 percent of all squads in their respective sports were were also acknowledged by the NCAA. The public recognition awards are part of a broad Division I academic reform effort.
- Pepperdine University, in the model of the Cushwa Center for the Study of American Catholicism at the University of Notre Dame, announced the establishment of the Jerry Rushford Center for Research on Churches of Christ and the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement in early June. The Rushford Center is an umbrella for several scholarly programs, services, and resources, including: the Churches of Christ Heritage Center, Restoration History Archives, William M. Green Distinguished Christian Scholar Lecture Program, Frank Pack Distinguished Christian Scholar Lecture Program, Symposium for Church Historians in the Stone-Campbell Movement, and the Annotated Bibliography of the Stone-Campbell Movement.