How To Apply | Pepperdine University | Seaver College

How To Apply

The VA accepts applications online. For more information, go to

For efficient handling of students' VA records, inquiries and other VA-related matters, please contact the VA Benefits Coordinator, Office of Student Information and Services, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA 90263-7999 or call (310) 506-6129.

For New GI Bill Recipients:

  • If the student is the veteran, or is the dependent and/or survivor of a veteran, and has never used the VA educational benefits before, he or she can apply online via VONAPP

For Current GI Bill Recipients Changing Schools or Programs:

  • If the returning student wishes to change his/her program or place of training and has used the VA educational benefit before, he or she must complete a Form 1995 online via VONAPP. (Every time a veteran changes programs or schools he or she must fill out this form.)

Yellow Ribbon Program

  • Pepperdine proudly participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, awarding students up to half the tuition not covered by the standard per unit benefit. The VA then matches the amount contributed by Pepperdine. In other words, eligible students have tuition completely covered through this program. In order to receive Yellow Ribbon funds, you must be 100% eligible under chapter 33 of the GI Bill. After you have submitted your application to use Post-9/11 GI Bill to the VA, they will send you a new certificate of eligibility (COE) indicating whether you are 100% eligible, and thus, eligible to apply for Yellow Ribbon. You must submit your new certificate of eligibility with this application.