Research at Pepperdine University
Pepperdine in the News
Please explore the articles below, featuring quotes from Pepperdine experts in the fields. If you have been quoted in the news recently, we want to feature you. Please visit the submission page to reach us!
- "Add Impact to Data Analytics by Tapping our Primal Past" – Louis Cozolino, professor of psychology at GSEP, was quoted in IT Business Edge exploring the importance and evolution of story-telling and narrative.
- "When Dads Go Missing, Frogs Start Hatching" – Karen Martin, Professor of Biology at Seaver, is quoted discussing embryos as cognitive organs in Science Magazine.
- "Can MOOCs and Universities Co-Exist?" – Provost Darryl Tippens was featured in a roundtable discussion in the Wall Street Journal exploring the future of higher education in the digital age.
- "For her, rocket science is just the start" – Pepperdine MBA alum and nuclear physicist, Andrea Belz, was recently featured in the Los Angeles Times for both her research and her new position at USC's Entrepreneurship and Innovation program.
- "Risky Hydraulic Fracturing?" – Carson Bruno, Hoover Institution research fellow and graduate of Pepperdine's School of Public Policy co-authors this article for Insider Online.
- "How to Move the Women in Technology Conversation to the Mainstream" – the late Roy Adler, a Distinguished Fellow of the Academy of Marketing Science at Pepperdine University was cited in Fast Company.
- "Time Warner, Comcast executives seek support in Congress for deal" – Babette Boliek, Professor of law at Pepperdine University is quoted in The Hill.
- "Bird-sized Drones Could Record You Inside Your Home" – Gregory McNeal, Associate Professor of Law at Pepperdine University Law School quoted in PolitiFact.
- "Why did State Sen. Leland Yee Escape Terrorism Charges?" – Gregory McNeal, law professor and expert in national security law quoted in the San Jose Mercury News.
- "National Healthcare Valuation Experts Hail New Book" – John Paglia, Associate Professor of Finance and Director of Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Project at Graziadio School of Business and Management, was quoted in the Wall Street Journal.
- "Kerr v. Hickenlooper: Exploring the Tenth Circuit's Dubious Legal Reasoning" – Derek Muller, Professor at Pepperdine University School of Law, serves as a guest columnist for Jurist, discussing the shaky legal foundations of the Tenth Circuit's recent decision in Kerr v. Hickenlooper.
- "A New Learning Curve" – Rolin Moe, a Pepperdine University education doctorate student, revealed some of the preliminary results of a recent Delphi study in News Review.
- "Want to Get Putin's Attention? Talk about Oil." – Dan Caldwell, Distinguished Professor of Political Science, weighs in on Putin and "Russia's advantage" in this Los Angeles Times op-ed.
- "Why More Voters are Going Independent in California" – Michael Shires, Associate Professor at the School of Public Policy was quoted in Alaska Dispatch.
- Karen Elliot House on CSPAN2 Book TV for her latest book – Watch School of Public Policy's Karen Elliot House discuss her book On Saudi Arabia: Its People, Past, Religion, Fault Lines - and Future.