Ceremonies in Stauffer Chapel
Chapel Use Guidelines
Stauffer Chapel is considered a non-denominational chapel. Pepperdine University is affiliated with the Churches of Christ.
Many people are interested in seeing Stauffer Chapel. Please call (310)506-4264 during the work week with time and date you'd like to visit to avoid arriving during a scheduled event. (There are numerous chapel services and University events held every day of the week.) Visitors are welcome to visit and take a self-tour during unreserved chapel times.
- No smoking allowed inside buildings.
- No eating or drinking in the chapel.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on campus.
- Rice, birdseed, bubbles, glitter, or confetti may not be used inside or outside the chapel.
- Floral arrangements may be attached to pews only by ribbons, rubber bands, florist clips or pipe cleaners, supplied by the bridal couple or florist. Sharp tacks, tools or tape may not be used on wood pews.
- Only extremely lightweight floral arrangements and materials are to be draped around lower sections of candelabra poles and bases.
- Silk flower petals are allowed inside the chapel. Real flower petals may be used only on top of a center-aisle runner, supplied by the renter or florist. (Reminder: All petals must be cleaned up by the renter's designated walk-thru/clean-up representative.)
- A runner may be secured only with a s special tape provided by the University's representative. (Runner length of 50-feet is recommended)
- Pepperdine University is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- With the exception of the unity candle, only Pepperdine University candles are to be used in the chapel.