Strengthening CCL's Foundation
The Conference on Christianity and Literature is a professional academic organization that does a lot with a little. On the sole basis of modest membership fees and the strong commitment and volunatary efforts of its members, CCL regularly undertakes the following:
- publication of a quarterly refereed journal, Christianity and Literature, now in publication for more than 50 years
- sponsorship of conferences, both national and regional
- presentation of awards and prizes
In order to strengthen CCL's foundation for the foreseeable future, the board is seeking
to establish a substantial endowment for the first time in the organization's history. The
fund drive to set up the endowment is called "Strengthening CCL's Foundation." The
purpose of the endowment is to strengthen CCL financially by providing annual interest
income beyond membership dues.
Annual interest income from the endowment will be used for three principal purposes:
- to offer travel grants to graduate students who present papers at the CCL meetings
- to offer travel grants to scholars who undertake research relevant to CCL's concerns
- to help meet the cost of CCL's publications
CCL invites you to consider how you might help firm up the foundation of this active
and growing professional organization by pledging a yearly donation for five years and/
or a single donation at the present. Checks should be made out to the Conference on Christianity and Literature.
Mail your pledge and/or check to
Lloyd Davies, Treasurer, CCL
Department of English
Western Kentucky University
Bowling Green KY 42101
Or you may make a one-time donation with a credit card or a PayPal account. Click here to access CCL's PayPal payment page.
CCL has 501(c)3 status as a nonprofit organization. All contributions are tax deductible and will be acknowledged by receipt.