Waves of Service
Become a Leader
Are you involved in service? Become a Leader!
Waves of Service Leaders are alumni and those within the Pepperdine community engaged in service, including:
- Social entrepreneurs
- Employees at nonprofit organizations
- Employees within corporate social responsibility divisions of corporations
- People in other service careers (e.g. educators, military, social services)
Why become a Waves of Service Leader?
- Connect your service projects to University events (e.g. Step Forward Day, Freely Give, speakerships, career fairs, Waves of Service events, and more)
- Network with other alumni, students, and friends of Pepperdine interested in your cause
- Promote your service activities across the Pepperdine community and broad media channels
- Get volunteer resources through Waves of Service's VolunteerMatch, and more!
Fill out the Become a Leader form to have the Waves of Service office contact you.
Contact Waves of Service Coordinator Annalee Shelton: (310) 506-4983.
Who can be a Waves of Service Leader?
Alumni and friends of Pepperdine University dedicated to serving others define the Waves of Service movement. Leaders can be volunteers, employees/directors of nonprofit organizations, those working in corporate social responsibility divisions of corporations, and people working in service careers (e.g. military, education, social services).
What do Waves of Service Leaders do?
The program is a free networking opportunity that exists to assist alumni engaged in service. Leaders are provided with volunteer and marketing resources to further their work in service. Leaders may choose to participate in events (such as hosting a booth at a career fair or speaking at a colloquium). Leaders may also become involved in work with their local chapters.
Does Waves of Service provide volunteers or coordinate events for organizations outside Pepperdine?
Waves of Service does not directly provide volunteers for events or coordinate events for organizations outside of Pepperdine University. Instead, Waves of Service provides tools and resources to Waves of Service Leaders to help them achieve their volunteer and event goals.