Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (RSP) serves Pepperdine University faculty and staff, fostering an environment in which research and scholarship are valued and recognized. RSP strives to deliver the highest quality research administrative services by assisting in the acquisition and management of externally funded projects.
Updated Announcement: National Science Foundation (January 28, 2019)
NSF Applicants: please review the following link for the latest updates from NSF regarding the partial re-opening of the government.
Announcement - Impact of Partial Government Shutdown (December 2018)
The government shutdown will have some impact on operations both in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) and in communications with federal funders. The below list highlights how to move forward until full governmental operations resume:
- Proposal Submissions: We expect that Grants.gov and Research.gov will be maintained so that grants may be submitted. Proposal deadlines should be followed as posted, however they will likely not be reviewed until after the shutdown is lifted. Federal grant personnel will largely be unavailable to answer questions.
- New Awards: Even if you have received a Notice of Award (NOA), new agreements will likely be delayed until after the shutdown is over. As always, it is important for all researchers to avoid spending funds if an award document has not been received and executed, as all expenditures must occur within the parameters set forth by the Prime Award. If you are experiencing issues with this, please contact RSP for guidance.
- Routine Administration of Grants and Contracts: According to some information we have received, requests for re-budgeting, no cost extensions, and award continuations will be delayed. Please be sure to forward any award-related correspondence that you may receive (e.g., stop work orders) directly to Katy Carr, Assistant Provost for Research and Kamron King, Assistant Director, Pre-Award and Compliance Monitoring Officer.
- Reports: Technical reports, financial reports, and other reports as required by the sponsor should still be submitted on or before the posted report due date (as noted in your Prime Award) in order to remain in compliance with the terms of the agreement. Therefore, please continue to respond to Ronda Susak's, Sponsored Projects Accountant, request for financial report reviews and approvals.
- Availability of Funds: For most federal awards, it is expected that Grants Accounting will not be able to draw down or invoice for expenditures until the shutdown ends. As such, nonvital expenditures should be held.
- We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary. Please email Katy Carr or call her at 310-506-6084 if you have any questions or concerns.