Procedure for Graduate Students
- A graduate student who is enrolled in a program that requires or allows immediate
participation in an internship, practicum or externship may apply for CPT in accordance
with the following instructions.
- Print and complete the student portion of the CPT form.
- Ask your academic advisor to complete the "Academic Advisor" portion of the CPT form.
Email the completed form to email@example.com.
- Ask your employer to prepare an offer letter using this sample letter. Send it to oiss@ pepperdine.edu along with your CPT form.
- If your CPT is a paid position, you will be issued an updated I-20 for Form I-9 and
- If your CPT is a paid position you must apply for a U.S. Social Security Number. Visit the
Social Security Administration's website for instructions on how to apply for one.