Facebook pixel The Incident Report for Students | Pepperdine University Skip to main content
Pepperdine University

For Students: The Incident Report

When a student receives a notice requesting his/her presence at a disciplinary proceeding, that notice is always based on an incident report, processed and received by the Office of Community Standards. Incident reports are most often filed by the Housing and Residence Life staff, such as an RA or RD, or the Department of Public Safety. In some instances, both parties file reports. 

Once a report is received by the Office of Community Standards, the associate dean of student affairs for community standards determines whether or not the reported violation warrants an administrative (hearing with a resident director or associate dean of student affairs for community standards) or Student Disciplinary Committee (SDC) hearing. This determination is based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the severity of the alleged violation and the disciplinary history of the involved student(s). The associate dean of student affairs for community standards also determines whether or not parental notification is necessary.

Anyone may report a violation of the Code of Conduct by contacting the Office of Community Standards at 506-4471. Normally, the person reporting the violation will be asked to submit a written report. The report should be a brief written statement citing the section of the Code of Conduct allegedly violated and providing a summary of the facts deemed to constitute a violation. Reports should be submitted as soon as possible after the event takes place. The University reserves the right to take action against an individual for violating the Code of Conduct regardless of how much time has passed since the incident.

Anonymous reports may be made on the anonymous Wave Tip line by calling voice mail at x1234 (on campus) or 310.506.4001 (off-campus) and then dialing 9563. Students living in the residence halls may also notify their resident directors or resident advisors. For any campus emergency, call x4441 or 310.506.1262.

Click here for information on administrative and Student Disciplinary Committee hearings.