HEERF II Funding Report
CRRSAA/HERFF II Funding Section 314(a)(1) | Institutional Portion
The following quarterly report on institutional HEERF funds is provided to comply with Department of Education reporting requirements. View the full report here.
CRRSAA/HERFF II Funding Section 314(a)(1) | Student Portion
Report Three | October 1, 2021
1. An acknowledgment that the institution has used, or intends to use, the same amount of HEERF II funds for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students as offered to students for HEERF I under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
Institutions who received HEERF I grant funds under the CARES Act were not required to submit an application for the HEERF II grant. Pepperdine University received its HEERF II Grant Award Notification on January 17, 2021. In keeping with the terms of acceptance of these funds, Pepperdine University will use no less than $1,810,416, as stated under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA, to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants directly to students.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
Pepperdine University received $1,810,416 in aid from the Department of Education.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
From July 1, 2021-September 30, 2021, Pepperdine University distributed $45,564 to students.
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA. CRRSAA requires that institutions prioritize students with exceptional need, such as students who receive Pell Grants, in awarding financial aid grants to students. However, students do not need to be only Pell recipients or students who are eligible for Pell grants. In addition, the CRRSAA explicitly provides that financial aid grants to students may be provided to students exclusively enrolled in distance education.
As of October 5, 2021, the total number of students eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants was estimated to be 17,763 students.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA.
As of July 9, 2021, the total number of students who have received CRRSAA Act Emergency Financial Aid grants is 3,908.
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA.
Pepperdine University's Finance office has been working closely with various departments to ensure timely, accurate distribution of Emergency Financial Aid Grants to eligible students. Accordingly, the project was managed using a four-tiered approach: Notification → Identification → Designation → Disbursement.
Pepperdine University first began by notifying its community that CRRSAA funds would be awarded. In addition to notifying our community on the CARES Act and CRRSAA at Pepperdine website, a memo was distributed to all students.
Because CRRSAA prioritizes students with "exceptional need", eligible students were identified by reviewing students' Expected Family Contributions (EFC as determined on your official FAFSA). CRRSAA emergency grant amounts were determined by the student's EFC according to the table below:
|$7,501 - $10,000||$525||$300||$225||$125|
|$10,001 - $25,000||$300||$225||-||-|
|Eligible 2020-2021 EFC||Undergraduate (FT, TT, HT) CRRSAA Amount||Undergraduate (LT) CRRSAA Amount||Graduate (FT, HT) CRRSAA Amount||Graduate (LT) CRRSAA Amount|
|$0 - $2,500||$825||$450||$400||$200|
|$2,501 - $5,000||$700||$375||$325||$175|
|$5,001 - $7,500||$650||$325||$300||$150|
*Students who received an "unmet need" disbursement in February 2021 are not eligible for this automatic disbursement.
FT = Full Time
TT = Three Quarter Time
HT = Half Time
LT = Less than Half Time
PT = Part Time
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
All pertinent information available to students regarding CRRSAA Emergency Financial Aid Grants is posted at the following link: https://www.pepperdine.edu/coronavirus/cares-act/.
*Pepperdine continues to monitor guidance and will update reporting and distribution of funds accordingly.
The following quarterly report on student aid HEERF funds is provided to comply with Department of Education reporting requirements. View the full report here.