HEERF III Funding Report
American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021
On March 11, 2021, the American Rescue Plan (ARPA) Act of 2021, which provides additional relief to address the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, was enacted and signed into law. The ARPA appropriated approximately $39.6 billion for the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) and represents the third stream of funding appropriated for HEERF to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus. Pepperdine is reviewing ARPA guidance recently released by the Department of Education and will provide updates to this website as they become available.
ARPA/HERFF III Funding Section 314(a)(1) | Institutional Portion
The following quarterly report on institutional HEERF funds is provided to comply with Department of Education reporting requirements. View the full report here.
ARPA/HEERF III Funding Section 314(a)(1) | Student Portion
Report Two | July 09, 2021
1. An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education (Department) the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used the applicable amount of funds designated under the ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
Institutions who received HEERF I grant funds under the CARES Act were not required to submit an application for the HEERF II or HEERF III grants. Pepperdine University received its HEERF III Grant Award Notification on May 20, 2021. In keeping with the terms of acceptance of these funds, Pepperdine University will use no less than $4,849,035, in accordance with section 2003(7) of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA), to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants directly to students.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the ARPA (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
Pepperdine University received $4,849,035 in aid from the Department of Education.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the ARPA (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the initial report and every calendar quarter thereafter).
As of July 9, 2021, Pepperdine University has distributed $0 to students.
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution that are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the ARPA (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
As of June 17, 2021, the total number of students eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants is estimated to be 13,894 students.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the ARPA (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
As of July 9, 2021, the total number of students who have received ARP Emergency Financial Aid grants is 0.
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under the ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
The method to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under the ARPA(a)(1) program has not yet been determined.
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
All pertinent information available to students regarding HEERF III/ARP Emergency Financial Aid Grants is posted at the following link: https://www.pepperdine.edu/coronavirus/cares-act/; further guidance will be posted at the link once Pepperdine University administration has determined the methodology to distribute Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
*Pepperdine will continue to monitor Department guidance and update reporting and distribution of funds accordingly.
The following quarterly report on student aid HEERF funds is provided to comply with Department of Education reporting requirements. View the full report here.