Class of 2021 Commencement Ticketing Updates
Ticketing and Guest Attendance
Tickets for the Class of 2021 May commencement ceremony will be available at the Seaver commencement ticketing website starting today, Friday, May 7. Each graduate will be granted two tickets for guests.
As you prepare to register for tickets, please be aware that graduates must submit all ticket requests at the same time. Additional requests are not permitted in the ticketing system. For this reason, the following information will be required in advance:
- A Pepperdine CWID for the graduate. Parents, if you are registering for your graduate, make certain that you have their full and complete contact information and Pepperdine CWID.
- The full name and state of residence for each guest. Be prepared to attest that all
non-California resident guests will be fully vaccinated by the date of the ceremony.
According to the CDC, individuals are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the
last recommended dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Be sure to only have one ticketing tab open at a time. The system works best using Google Chrome.
The first round of ticketing will close at 9:30 AM on Friday, May 14. If seating remains available after the initial allocation of tickets, you will be notified by the ticketing system that additional tickets will be available beginning Monday, May 17.
Tickets will be emailed to the graduate for distribution to their guest(s), and graduates will have the ability to forward the tickets to all guests. In order to gain entry to the ceremony site, guests will be required to present either a printed hard copy ticket or display the ticket on their phone. Attendees who do not receive their ticket should contact their graduate.
As previously reported, event capacity is limited by regulations set forth by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and the State of California. These regulations include the following:
- California residents are eligible to attend the commencement ceremonies.
- Guests who reside outside of California are required to be fully vaccinated in order to attend the ceremonies.
- In addition to complying with the requirement to be fully vaccinated, students residing internationally should submit a travel permission to the Office of International Student Services for further guidance.
In accordance with state and country directives, all guests age 16 and older will
be required to present a state-issued identification (e.g., driver’s license or similar)
indicating their state of residence in order to gain entry to the commencement ceremony.
All guests who are not residents of California will be required to present a photo
ID and COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card evidencing their fully vaccinated status.
All seating will be in bleachers. Guests will be seated in household groups with six feet of physical distance between each group. All guests and graduates must proceed to their seats upon arrival and remain seated for the duration of the ceremony.
Vaccinated Only Seating Option
On May 4, Los Angeles County moved into the minimal, or “yellow,” tier of the state's Blueprint for a Safer Economy, which allows the University to increase commencement ceremony capacity to 67 percent. However, due to social distancing requirements, the University will need to seat fully vaccinated guests together in a specially designated section to approach the permitted capacity limits. The more individuals who are willing to sit in fully vaccinated seating, the University may potentially be permitted to offer additional tickets, allowing additional family members of graduates to attend the commencement ceremony.
To request a seat in the fully vaccinated section when registering your guests, please indicate whether the fully vaccinated individual is willing to sit with others from outside their households. Guests in these sections will be required to wear masks but will be seated without social distancing requirements.
In compliance with state and county COVID-19 guidelines, all individuals seated in
fully vaccinated seating will have their vaccination status verified by the University.
Guests must be able to present their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card on the day of
the commencement ceremony, in addition to attesting they will be fully vaccinated
by the date of the ceremony when registering.
All who attend the ceremonies—graduates, faculty, staff, guests, and others—must wear
a mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times. Attendees must maintain appropriate
physical distancing between attendees not from their household.
Both commencement ceremonies will be livestreamed for guests who are unable to attend.
Details for the livestream will be provided on the commencement websites. A digital version of the commencement programs will also be available online.
Graduation regalia must be picked up by the graduate in advance of the commencement ceremonies on Thursday, May 20, 2021, from 9 AM to 7:30 PM at the Malibu campus in the Drescher Graduate Campus parking lot. This will be a drive-through event restricted to graduates. Additional details, including the process to reserve a time period for regalia pick-up, will be shared no later than Wednesday, May 12.
For the safety and enjoyment of all graduates and staff, please review the following regulations when picking up your regalia:
- You are required to stay in your vehicle at all times, except for using the restroom at a designated location. You will not have access to any buildings or the bookstore.
- All graduates in a vehicle will be required to pass a COVID-19 health screening prior to driving onto campus.
- All graduates in the vehicle must have a face covering and it must be worn any time the car windows are open (e.g. check-in) or when using the restroom.
- If you are picking up regalia for a classmate, please have their name and CWID ready.
Graduates are highly encouraged to carpool with members of the same household to minimize traffic and environmental impacts during regalia distribution.
Herff Jones, our regalia partner, will have enough robe sizes to accommodate all graduates—no reservations are needed. The regalia will include the Pepperdine custom cap, gown, and tassel. Cap and gown rentals will be provided by the college for all students participating in commencement ceremonies. Gowns, as well as hoods for master’s students, must be returned at the conclusion of the ceremony at the designated drop-off location.
Class of 2021 stoles will be available for purchase during regalia distribution; however, we strongly encourage you to purchase your stole ahead of time at www.pepperdineshop.com. If pre-purchased, you may pick up the stole at regalia distribution.
If you are unable to pick up your regalia on May 20, there will be a limited opportunity to obtain your regalia immediately preceding the ceremony. Due to COVID-19 restrictions and possible delays, we strongly encourage all students to pick up their regalia on May 20.
Graduates who do not participate in commencement ceremonies may rent a cap and gown directly from Herff Jones and have them shipped to their home. Due to a limited supply of gowns, delayed shipping, and COVID-19 cleaning protocols, regalia rentals may take several weeks to arrive.
Honor cords will be distributed prior to the ceremony. If you are picking up an honor
cord, please arrive at Alumni Park at 2 PM. All other graduates should arrive between
2:30 PM and 2:45 PM. Students should go directly to the designated student check-in
booths to check in.
Unable to Participate
If you are unable to attend the commencement ceremony but wish to have your name read during the commencement ceremony, please submit your information no later than Friday, May 14.
All graduates precluded from participating in their commencement ceremony will be
eligible to participate in the Seaver College commencement ceremony in 2022.
Information for Graduates
Class of 2021 Commencement Ceremony: 3:30 PM on Saturday, May 22, 2021, at Alumni Park
- Students with potential honors or who have not yet picked up their regalia, please arrive at 2 PM. All other students must arrive no later than 2:45 PM. Review the Instructions for Graduates website for more information on what to do upon arrival.
- Guest arrival time: 1:30 PM
- All guests must have a ticket to enter. Once seated, all guests and graduates must stay in their seats, with their masks on, unless they are using the restroom.
- Please check the Seaver Graduation website for more information and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Concessions will not be available at the ceremony; however, water will be available at the venue for all students and guests.
If you have any questions before your commencement day arrives, please reach out to the Seaver Dean’s Office at 310.506.4280 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to celebrating your extraordinary achievements with you in Malibu on May 22.