Seaver College Spring 2021 | May 13 Update
May 13, 2021
Regalia distribution will be held Thursday, May 20, 2021, from 9 AM to 7:30 PM on Pepperdine University’s Malibu campus in the Drescher Graduate Campus parking lot. This will be a drive-through event restricted to graduates, and we ask that all graduates planning to attend please sign up for an arrival time. Graduates are highly encouraged to carpool with members of the same household to minimize traffic and environmental impacts during regalia distribution.
All graduates may only access campus after completing a COVID-19 health screening. Please ensure the following statements are true for everyone in your vehicle before arriving at campus:
- You have not had close contact with anyone known to be diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days, have not had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 10 days, or have not started to quarantine or isolate in the past 10 days.
- You are not currently experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle aches not related to physical activity, or sudden loss of taste or smell.
- Your temperature is below 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
Graduates from the Class of 2021 may complete the Daily Wellness Check and present their green dot in lieu of reviewing these questions at the entry gates at either Seaver Drive or John Tyler Drive.
If you are unable to pick up your regalia on May 20, a classmate may pick up your regalia for you. To do so, they must provide your name, height, and CWID. There will also be a limited opportunity to obtain regalia, starting at 2 PM, the day of your graduation. Due to COVID-19 restrictions and possible delays at the time of the commencement ceremonies, we strongly encourage all students to obtain their regalia on May 20.
For the safety of all graduates and staff and to ensure a smooth pickup process, please adhere to the following guidelines during regalia distribution:
- Stay in your vehicle at all times. By county regulation, the campus remains closed to visitors and guests. Only currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff are granted access to campus buildings, including the bookstore.
- All vehicle occupants must have a face covering, and it must be worn any time the car windows are open (e.g. check-in).
Herff Jones, our regalia partner, will have enough robe sizes to accommodate all graduates—no reservations are needed. The regalia will include the Pepperdine custom cap, gown, and tassel. Cap and gown rentals will be provided by the college for all students participating in commencement ceremonies. Gowns, as well as hoods for master’s students, must be returned at the conclusion of the ceremony at the designated drop-off location in Alumni Park.
Commemorative stoles for Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 graduates may be purchased during regalia distribution; however, we strongly recommend that graduates purchase a stole online and in advance at the Pepperdine Bookstore. If pre-purchased, you may pick up the stole during regalia distribution.
Graduates who do not participate in commencement ceremonies may rent a cap and gown directly from Herff Jones for shipment to their home. Due to a limited supply of gowns, delayed shipping, and COVID-19 cleaning protocols, regalia rentals may take several weeks to arrive.
Honor cords will be distributed prior to the ceremony. If you are picking up an honor cord, please arrive at Alumni Park at 2 PM on the day of your ceremony. All other graduates should arrive between 2:30 PM and 2:45 PM. Upon arrival at the commencement ceremony, students should proceed directly to the designated student check-in booths.
We offer the following reminders to ensure your commencement day is one of celebration and joy.
- Graduates must register for graduation whether or not they are bringing guests. To be guaranteed guest tickets, graduates must register themselves and their guests no later than 9 AM on Friday, May 14. Graduates registering after this date cannot be guaranteed guest tickets.
If you are having trouble with the ticketing system, please try the following:
- Close all tabs/windows.
- The system will not work if it senses multiple browsers open. Try to close all tabs/clear everything out and click on the link once and try again.
- Wait 30 minutes before trying again.
- As long as your ticket request is in by May 14th you will have a guaranteed 2 tickets.
- Try using Google Chrome as your browser, from a desktop, not a phone.
If you are unable to attend the commencement ceremony but wish to have your name read during the commencement ceremony, please submit your information no later than Friday, May 14.
If you have any questions before your commencement day arrives, please reach out to the Seaver Dean’s Office at 310.506.4280 or email@example.com. We look forward to celebrating your extraordinary achievements with you in Malibu.