COVID-19 Service Opportunities
Pepperdine Volunteer Center is synthesizing the overwhelming opportunities to do good
during the COVID-19 pandemic. Consider supporting one or more of the opportunities
There are currently seven categories of service:
Do you know of a COVID-19 service project or volunteering opportunity not listed below? Let us know by giving us a little information!
The nonprofit sector staff is feeling the strain of this season as demand for their services increases and their funding and staffing resources diminish. Could you offer some time to support our local nonprofit leaders/organizations on the front line of helping others? They have requested needs in several areas:
- Emotional and spiritual support/encouragement for staff
- Translation work (Spanish)
- Strategic planning
- Reading to kids
- Plus much more . . . (see options on form below)
Please fill out this form if you are interested in learning more.
Curamericas Global: Hope through Health
- Goal is to be an ally and provide evidence-based information to reduce the burden on the health system and flatten the curve.
- Spanish Speakers - volunteers needed to make phone calls to Spanish-speaking clients to educate the population with basic information regarding the outbreak and resources
- Please contact Andrew Herrera at Andrew@curamericas.org to learn more!
Support Pepperdine Students
Residential Student Support – Support current students still on campus.
- Contact Nicole Duyao, associate director of residence life, for more information
Student Emergency Fund – Financially support the needs of our students.
- Visit the University’s crowdsourcing site for more ways to give.
Engage Needs in Malibu
Meals on Wheels West
Malibu Community Labor Exchange
- GoFundMe to support workers
Feed Malibu with Kay Gabbard
- Support food insecure and friends experiencing homelessness in Malibu. Kay is asking the community to save and clean all “to go” containers or any non-breakable food containers that seal to be dropped off at her home, 27162 Sea Vista Dr., 90265 - in front of the gate DAY or NIGHT. Please save and bring used containers that have been cleaned for food provided daily to this vulnerable population. Also, please save all paper grocery bags and plan on donating to Feed Malibu.
- Contact Peter Thompson for a safe drop off location on Pepperdine’s Malibu Campus.
Encourage Pepperdine Community Partners
Send letters of support and encouragement to:
- Union Rescue Mission (Update: an on-site staff member tested positive for COVID-19 and is intensive care.
One floor of their residencial program is on quarantine)
Mail to: Andy Bales and the URM Staff
545 S. San Pedro Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
- Covenant House California
Marissa Espinoza and the Covenant House Staff
1325 N Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Los Angeles Mission
Attn: Wall of Encouragement
303 E 5th Street
Los Angeles CA 90013
Support foster youth through purchasing from an Amazon Wishlist.
UrbanPromise Los Angeles
- Email Dionte Grey to encourage and connect to High School Street Leaders.
Summer Work and Serve
Project Kindle - Be a Virtual Summer Camp Counselor for children impacted by HIV and AIDS
Raising My Personal Consciousness
Pathways of Public Service and Civic Engagement
- Partnership with Stanford University Haas Center for Public Service
- Link to Pepperdine’s Pathways assessment
Donate Blood with the American Red Cross
Creative Ideas for All Ages
Project Giving Kids