COVID-19 University Updates
The University will report major University actions decided by the Emergency Operations
Committee and any new reported cases of COVID-19 within the community as information
At this time, and in accordance with County and State orders, the University has taken a number of actions including:
- Academic Instruction: All Pepperdine in-person classes ended on Friday, March 13. Classes transitioned to remote alternative instruction the week of March 16 and will continue online for the remainder of the spring semester.
- International Programs: Pepperdine suspended all Seaver College International Programs for the Spring semester.
- Campus Population: Effective March 17, Pepperdine transitioned to a critical support personnel model where departments will work remotely except for essential tasks that must be handled on-site to support the reduced on-campus student population.
- Events: All on-campus events have been suspended through April 19.
- University Travel: All University international and domestic travel for employees has been suspended through April 19.
- Campus Visitors: Restricted access to campus to essential personnel to support the remaining campus
University Reported Cases
Pepperdine is aware of 12 reported cases of COVID-19 within the University communities. They include:
- Eight cases within the Seaver College London program cohort
- One case involving a Malibu campus student who lives off-campus
- One case involving a Malibu student did not exhibit symptoms until Sunday, March 15, and moved off the Malibu campus and returned home on Monday, March 16
- One case involving a graduate student from the West Los Angeles Campus
- One case involving a Seaver student from the Malibu campus who is now symptom free and in isolation at home
Out of an abundance of caution, Pepperdine has notified those who may have had close contact or potential exposure with the infected individuals and asked them to quarantine for 14 days and monitor their symptoms. The EOC will continue to oversee Pepperdine's response to COVID-19 and make decisions for the University prioritizing the safety of the University community in coordination with public health and other authorities.
The latest updates and decisions from the EOC are posted on the University's Emergency Information Page.