Advising and Registration
Consider the following when scheduling courses:
- Meet with an academic advisor prior to open registration date
- Research available course offerings in advance
- Consider your disability-related needs and issues, including:
- What time of day do the classes meet?
- How often do classes meet?
- Can you handle back-to-back classes or do you need breaks?
- Is coursework balanced, so as to avoid overload?
- Is there a type of work that is affected by the disability (i.e. with a learning disability in reading, can multiple classes that require considerable reading be handled)?
- If you have energy limitations, are you able to get to your next class on time?
When considered appropriate, the this office may approve priority registration for students upon request. Students who are approved for this accommodation are able to begin registering on the same day as student athletes—one day prior to the start of general registration.