About the Institute
Message from the Leadership Team
We live in a time of pervasive media and persistent entertainment, waking up to our smartphones and falling asleep to social media. In between, we are texting, browsing, listening, posting, and streaming using individually owned, permanently connected mobile, interactive digital devices. Behind those devices, other technologies have significantly lowered the barriers and costs of media and entertainment production, while the internet has disrupted traditional distribution channels and players. For digitally savvy creative artists, entertainment entrepreneurs, lawyers, and executives, this is a time of attractive alternative paths and unprecedented opportunity.
At Pepperdine, we can be immersed in the digital disruption of entertainment and media, while taking time to reflect on the next waves that we envision for these fields. We can explore the kinds of stories do we want to tell, what impact we have on society, and how we can enable successful careers in the creative economy.
Join us at IEMSC to shape enriching educational experiences that will cultivate creative artists, educate entertainment entrepreneurs, lawyers and executives, mentor media makers and managers, and enrich culture and society.
We look forward to your participation and engagement.
- Nelson Granados, Executive Director
- Joi Carr, Academic Director for Film Studies, Seaver College Humanities and Teacher Education Division
- Theresa de los Santos, Academic Director for Journalism, Seaver College Communication Division
- Alicia Jessop, Academic Director for Sport Administration, Seaver College
- John Mooney, Academic Director for Graziadio Business School
- Maureen Weston, Academic Director for the School of Law