Facebook pixel Ellie Monobe Named Head Coach of Women's Swimming and Diving | Pepperdine University Skip to main content
Pepperdine University

Ellie Monobe Named Head Coach of Women's Swimming and Diving

October 26, 2020  | 1 min read

Pepperdine Athletics named Ellie Monobe as the fourth full-time head coach in the history of women’s swimming and diving at Pepperdine. Monobe was previously the associate head coach at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

“Ellie brings incredible experiences, both as a student- athlete and as an accomplished coach, to her new role in leading our women’s swim and dive program,” said Steve Potts (JD ’82), director of athletics. “Her commitments to the overall development of each of the young women on our team and to building a strong team culture of trust and respect were the major factors in our decision.”

Monobe takes over a Pepperdine program that has earned two consecutive second-place finishes at the Pacific Collegiate Swim and Dive Conference Championships, matching the best results in school history, and has sent nine swimmers to the National Invitational Championships the past two seasons.

“I’d like to thank Steve Potts, president Jim Gash, and the senior athletic staff for entrusting me with this incredible opportunity to lead the Pepperdine women’s swimming and diving program,” Monobe said. “I am honored and excited to bring my passion for swimming and to build upon the Pepperdine legacy. With the academic and athletic prestige that Pepperdine offers, I look forward to building upon the student-athlete experience and collaborating with these strong women."