Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- 51% Students of Color Enrolled Fall 2021
- 95% 1-Year Retention Rate for Students of Color who Entered Fall 2020
- 86% 6-Year Graduation Rate for Students of Color who Entered Fall 2015
- 30% Instructional Faculty of Color Employed as of November 1, 2021
OIE Terms and Definitions
The OIE recognizes the complex and dynamic nature associated with defining DEI; thus, the terms below are meant to serve as definitions for OIE-related deliverables and research activities only and are not meant to represent, or serve as, University definitions.
- Diversity: individual, group, and/or social differences.
- Equity: fair treatment, access, and opportunities for all people, including the attempt to identify and eliminate barriers that hinder full participation.
- Inclusion: environments in which all people feel welcomed, respected, supported, valued, and invited to participate.