Areas of Expertise
- Gender Differences and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Social Irresponsibility
- Corporate Fraud
- Whisper Numbers
Dr. Maretno Harjoto has published over 20 refereed research papers in both academic and practitioner journals. In 2009, Dr. Harjoto was awarded the Moskowitz Prize Award from the Center for Responsible Business, University of California Berkeley, for his research on the economics and politics of corporate social performances.
- PhD, Economics, University of Kentucky
- MS, Agribusiness, University of Kentucky
Research and Scholarship
- Harjoto, M., Andreas Hoepner, and Qian Li, "A Resource-Based View of Corporate Social Irresponsibility."
- Harjoto, M., and F. Rossi (2019), "Religiosity, Female Directors, and Corporate Social Responsibility for Italian Listed Companies" Journal of Business Research, Forthcoming.
- Harjoto, M., I. Laksmana, and Y. Yang (2019), "Board Nationality and Educational Background Diversity and Corporate Social Performance", Corporate Governance, Forthcoming.
- Harjoto, M., D. Kim, I. Laksmana, and R. Walton (2019), "Corporate Social Responsibility and Stock Split", Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting, Forthcoming.