Why Grade Online?
How to Change your Time-Out Period
Auditing of Assigned Grades
- You can grade your courses from anywhere, even overseas!
- You can grade the day of the deadline and still get your grades in on time.
- Your grades are instantly input on the Student Information System.
- Your e-roster will reflect the most up-to-date enrollment for your classes!
Tuesday-Friday 7am - 12:00 Midnight
Saturday 9am – 12:00 Midnight
Sunday 3pm – Mon. Midnight
- Windows—Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 and 6.0, Netscape 7.1, and Mozilla 1.6.
- Macintosh—Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for OS 9, Netscape 7.1 for OS 10.3 and OS 10, Mozilla 1.6 for OS 10.3, and Safari 1.1 for OS 10.3.
This is a secure website. A reliable firewall is in place to protect the integrity of all transactions. One can only enter the system with the proper user ID and password. Only the instructor teaching the class is permitted access to the E-Grading system. Any instructor permitting unauthorized use of the system will be in violation of the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
Faculty FERPA Guidelines (Family Educational Rights Privacy Act)
In general, all student information must be treated as confidential. Even public, or "directory" information is subject to restriction on an individual basis. Any requests for disclosure of information, especially outside the University, should be referred to the Office of the University Registrar (x4382). Release of information contained on a student's transcript without the written consent of the person identified on the document is in violation of FERPA.
To avoid violation of FERPA rules, DO NOT:
- At any time use students' student identification (ID)/social security number (SSN) in a public posting of grades.
- Link the name of a student with that students' ID/SSN in any public manner.
- Leave graded tests in a stack for students to pick up by sorting through the papers of all the students.
- Circulate a printed class list with the student names and ID/SSN or grades as an attendance roster.
- Discuss the progress of any student with anyone other than the student (including parents) without the consent of the student.
- Type https://wavenet.pepperdine.edu in your browser
- Enter your User Name and Password
- Click "Sign In" to enter the portal
Click each link only once to avoid being timed out of the system.
- Click the "Faculty Services" link in the upper right side of the page
- Default term is displayed (To change the term click "Select Another Term" under the "General Info" heading)
- Click the "Grade Courses" link under the "Faculty" heading
- Read and acknowledge the confidentiality statement and click "OK"
- Choose a course from the menu and click the "Select" icon
- Enter a grade next to each student's name
- Review all grades prior to clicking the "Submit" icon - grades cannot be altered online
The following are the grades faculty may assign currently at Pepperdine. Please consult your Academic Catalog or your Division for specific course grade types and grading policies.
- A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, F
- CR (Credit), NC (No Credit)
- I (Incomplete), IP (In Progress)
- WU (Unofficial Withdrawal - for SPP, GSBM, and Seaver only)
- WP (Withdrawal Passing - for Seaver only)
- WF (Withdrawal Failing - for SPP, GSBM, and Seaver only)
Who to Call for Help?
If you do not know your password, please contact the Help Desk at 310-506-HELP to reset your password. They are open Monday-Friday 8am – 9pm and Saturday 8am – 4pm.
If you experience any other technical problems (Failed login, Account disabled, Login expired, etc.) or need help grading online, you may contact the Help Desk or:
|For GSEP: your Academic Computing Lab Manager:|
|Long Beach||Martin Vazquez||562-436-7592|
|Westlake Village||Lotte Cherin||805-496-8767|
|West Los Angeles||Dan Gill||310-568-5653|
|For Seaver: your Division's Technology Liaison:|
|Humanities/Teacher Ed.||Tyson Gosch||310-506-6020|
|Social Science/Religion||Chris Low||310-506-6512|
|Natural Science||Douglas Gilbert||310-506-7949|
|CISL/Fine Arts||Jennifer Cha||310-506-7381|
|For GSBM:||Valerie Nowacki||310-568-5534|
To confirm that your grade has been entered, check to see that it appears in the Grade Confirmed column, which is an accurate reflection of what has been recorded on the Student Information System.
|Seaver||Division and Credits Committee Chairs|
Seaver Graduating Seniors
Check who the graduating seniors are in your course by looking for the message "graduating" in the Message column of the e-roster. This is the only notification you will receive. These grades are due at Noon on the Friday before graduation.
Seaver WP/WF Procedure
When a student withdraws after the regular withdrawal deadline, the Grades Services Supervisor will ask their instructors to assign them a grade of WP, WF, or NC online or on a Final Grade Roster Update form (FGRU) during the grading period. Any WP/WF grades reported on a FGRU should already appear in the Grade Confirmed column of the e-roster.
How to Change your Time-Out Period
After logging on to WaveNet, click on Preferences under your primary tab, and then click on Change Timeout. Then select your desired timeout period from the dropdown box and click Save Changes.
Auditing of Assigned Grades
The Office of the University Registrar is responsible for preparing the e-roster for final grade assignments. This includes pre-auditing the grade rosters of all reported registration problems. Please double-check your e-roster for any students that may have withdrawn without our knowledge. Enrollment changes must be reported to the Office of the University Registrar immediately.
A post-audit will be performed by the Office of the University Registrar to ensure the grade assignment is made in compliance with the grading policies and procedures.
It is the goal of the Office of the University Registrar to have a paperless office. Online grading partially meets this goal. Since Spring 2002, e-grading has been mandatory for all schools except the School of Law. We are very happy with the online grading participation we have had. It has reduced the high cost of printing and processing the Final Grade Rosters and has improved the accuracy and speed of the grading process. The Office of the University Registrar greatly appreciates your help and cooperation in our efforts to improve our services.
If there are any other concerns or suggestions, please direct them to:
Grades Services Supervisor
Office of Student Information and Services
Malibu, CA 90263-7999