Facebook pixel Information and Standards of Progress | Pepperdine University Skip to main content
Pepperdine University

Information and Standards of Progress

Veterans Policies

Veterans, military service personnel, and their qualified dependents intending to use VA benefits should contact the Office of the University Registrar and be aware of the following policies:

  • It is the student's responsibility to notify the Office of the University Registrar immediately when increasing or decreasing unit load, withdrawing, or taking a leave of absence. 
  • Appropriate credit for previous education will be granted.
  • All students using VA benefits must make satisfactory progress toward their educational objectives. In general, unsatisfactory progress for veteran's benefits is considered attainment of less than a 2.0 grade point average for two consecutive terms (3.0 for graduate students). Students who withdraw from the university may have their benefits terminated as of the beginning of the term of withdrawal. If a student is dismissed for academic reasons, benefits will be terminated as of the date of dismissal. Students who have had their benefits terminated in this manner must be counseled by the Veterans Administration before their benefits will be restored. Students who fail to complete all courses attempted in a term will have their benefits adjusted.
  • Students who withdraw from a course (or courses) in the middle of the term will have their benefits adjusted except in extenuating  circumstances. In cases in which students do not return for the next term, benefits will be terminated on the ending date of the previous term. 

Enrollment Status Certification

The Office of Student Information and Services processes enrollment status certification of VA students prior to the beginning of each term.

  • Subsequent updates or changes in statuses are done on a monthly basis. 
  • For further information and assistance, the Department of Veterans Affairs is available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. Call their toll-free number at 1(888)-GI BILL 1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit them on the WEB at www.gibill.va.gov.