How to Complete Payment Paperwork
Payments for notes are made in the form of a check in the mail to the address provided on the W-9 form. Note takers should choose the address where they will be residing 2-3 weeks after the end of the current term.
Note takers are considered vendors, and as such, must complete two pieces of paperwork (W-9 and Contract) in order to receive payment. These forms will be sent to the note taker via Pepperdine eSign Portal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that a W-9 is distinct from an I-9, which students may have completed with Student Employment. The university completes payment for notes through a different payment process for vendors and so requires different paperwork.
The following information should be provided on the W-9:
- Name (must match the full legal name on note taker's bank account)
- Check appropriate box for federal tax classification: Individual/Sole Proprietor
- Address (city, state, and zip code): this will be the location to which payment is sent
- Address need only be entered once
- Please note that note takers who list their campus address must include their mailbox number
- Social Security Number: the university cannot process payment without this information
Employer identification number can be left blank.
- Note takers will receive an email from the Pepperdine eSign Portal with a link that says "Click here"
- The document will have blanks with an asterisk that prompt the note taker to provide
- Class code and section should be in the format noted on the contract
- Class meeting times should be in military time
- Note takers may click on the unit number and a drop down menu with options will appear
- Students may check the class code, section, and unit number in Wavenet
- The document will prompt the note taker to review and initial the contract
- Once the note taker has signed the contract, note takers should select "Click to Sign"
- A message "You have successfully signed the agreement" should appear
Review instructions with pictures.