Areas of Expertise
- Tax law
Professor Caron is the publisher and editor of TaxProf Blog, the most popular tax blog on the Internet. He was named was named one of the 25 Most Influential People in Legal Education in 2014 by The National Jurist and has been named one of the 100 Most Influential People in Tax and Accounting for the past eight years by Accounting Today. He’s written over fifty books and law review articles, including most recently California Dreamin’: Tax Scholarship in a Time of Fiscal Crisis (with Joe Bankman).
- LLM, Boston University
- JD., Cornell Law School
- AB, Georgetown University
Research and Scholarship
- Paul L. Caron & Jay A. Soled, New Prominence of Tax Basis in Estate Planning, 150 TAX NOTES 1569 (2016)
- Paul L. Caron, The One Hundredth Anniversary of the Federal Estate Tax: It's Time to Renew Our Vows, 57 B.C. L. REV. 823 (2016)
- Paul L. Caron, Thomas Piketty and Inequality: Legal Causes and Tax Solutions, 64 EMORY L.J. ONLINE 2073 (2015).
- Paul L. Caron, TAX STORIES (Foundation Press, 2d ed. 2009).
Professor Paul Caron is one of the leading entrepreneurial tax scholars in the country. He has written over 50 books and law review articles, including most recently California Dreamin’: Tax Scholarship in a Time of Fiscal Crisis (with Joe Bankman); Thomas Piketty and the Legal Causes of Inequality; Tax Reform in a Time of Crisis; Tax Advice for the Second Obama Administration; and Occupy the Tax Code: Using the Estate Tax to Reduce Inequality and Spur Economic Growth (with Jim Repetti).
Professor Caron serves as series editor for two publishers developing over 50 books for use by law students: the Law Stories Series of books published by Foundation Press; and the Graduate Tax Series of books published by LexisNexis for use in Tax LLM programs.