Areas of Expertise
- Digital Innovation
- Process Innovation
- Customer-Facing Technology to New Create Business Value
- IT Governances
Dr. Mark Chun’s research focuses on the use of information technology to create value to transform organizations. Dr. Chun has published his research and findings in The Information and Management Journal, The Journal of Information Technology Management, The Journal of Global Information Technology Management, The Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research, The Journal of Knowledge Management, and The Communications of the Association of Information Systems Journal.
Dr. Chun earned his Ph.D. in Business Administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder and MBA from the University of California, Irvine.
- PhD, University of Colorado at Boulder
- MBA, University of California, Irvine
Research and Scholarship
- Chun, M. (2013) "Gender Differences In The Use of Social Networking and Knowledge Management Tools." Journal of Information Technology Management, 24(2), June 2013
- Griffy-Brown, C., Chun, M., & Koeppel, H. (2011), "Using Customer-Facing Technology to Create New Business Value: Insight From The Public and Private Sector Into the Changing Value Equation," Journal of Technology Management for Growing Economies, 3(1), p 21-34.
- Chun, M. & Mooney, J. (2009) "CIO Roles and Responsibilities: Twenty-Five Years of Evolution and Change," Journal of Information and Management, 46(6), p 323-334.
- Chun, M. & Whitfield, G, (2008) "Social Constraints to Integrating Information Systems, Knowledge, and Firm Capabilities Following a Corporate Merger," Journal of Systems and Information Technology, 10(2).