Internships/Externships/Practicum through Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
Curricular practical training is available to undergraduate and graduate level students if the employment is an integral part of an established curriculum and if the position directly relates to the major area of study.
- Final internship approval/employment authorization is granted only by your Designated School Official (DSO). Unauthorized work will result in termination of your SEVIS record and F1-status, leaving you illegally present in the United States.
- You may not begin work until the DSO has authorized your internship employment.
- You must be enrolled in a Pepperdine course in order to participate in CPT.
- You will only be authorized for CPT for the catalog-published term dates of the course. You may not work before or after those term dates!
- CPT may be paid or unpaid.
- CPT may be full-time (20+ hours per week) or part time (20- hours per week).
- Twelve or more months of full-time CPT will make you ineligible for OPT (Optional Practical Training).
Frequently asked questions