Associated Women for Pepperdine
- Freshmen AWP Scholarship Recipients
- AWP Boutique during Bible Lectures
- AWP Student Reception at the Brock House
- Outgoing president, Edna Powell, with incoming president, Roxanne Lee
Being a member of Associated Women for Pepperdine and serving on the National Board has been a true blessing to me. It became especially meaningful to me last year when my daughter, Taylor, began her freshman year at Pepperdine.
I was surprised and honored when Edna Powell asked me to consider being nominated for President of AWP for the coming year. I was reluctant, but I prayed about it and with the encouragement of my husband Kory, (an AWP Fellow), my family and other Board members I accepted the idea and the nomination. The 2013-2014 National Board was elected at the AWP Lectures dinner and installed into office at the June General Meeting.
I have two goals as President:
- Get to know our students and be an encouragement to them, and
- To increase membership by asking others to join us in our mission so they can be a part of something as wonderful as AWP.
You can bring light to Pepperdine. So as you go about your days may the seed of guidance from Micah 6:8 lead you: "What does the Lord require of you? To do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."
Serving prayerfully and passionately,
AWP President 2013-2014