Pepperdine Ambassadors Council
Apply to the Council
PAC Welcomes You!
The Pepperdine Ambassadors Council looks forward to receiving your application for the 2013–2014 academic school year.
- Above 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Completion of 60 unit hours at the beginning of the term in which the council commences
- Attendance at Pepperdine for at least one year following the time of application. You may not apply to PAC if you only have one semester left.
- Past or current involvement in at least three areas of student life during your years at Pepperdine.
- May not hold top executive board positions (president/vice president) in more than one organization on campus throughout the full term as an Ambassador. Exception: One may hold an executive board position in two related organizations on campus (i.e. Greek/ IGC and Club/ICC)
- Ambassadors will be expected to give a serious commitment of approximately 10–15 hours per month for weekly meetings, events, and office hours for both the Fall and Spring semesters. Please know that by submitting an application to PAC applicants are committing to the aforementioned stipulations.
- Mandatory attendance at weekly Wednesday 9am meetings (2 excused absences - per semester)
- Attendance at a regular weekly PAC office hour
- Attendance at Orientation the Saturday before school starts in August
- Attendance at the Fall and Spring Semester PAC retreats
- Participation in at least 5 events per semester
- Participation in mandatory activities and all projects volunteered for or assigned, as well as all photo and press coordination sessions
- Abide by all the policies set forth in the Seaver College Student Handbook
- Conduct yourself in a manner becoming of the Council
The Application Process
Written applications will be available online in January. These need to be electronically submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, 2013.
All applications will be reviewed in the first round of the selection process. The names of the applicants will be removed prior to the applications being evaluated to create an anonymous environment.
Following this a select group of applicants will be asked back for a second round of interviews during the week of March 18-22. Members of the current council and various faculty, staff, and community members will be sitting in on these interviews and helping to evaluate each applicant. Any students selected for an interview that are attending an overseas program (or Washington DC) will have the opportunity to interview live via Skype or alternative Web service. From these interviews the 2013–2014 Council will be selected.
On April 1, 2013, the Pepperdine Ambassadors Council 2013–2014 will be announced.
|January 24, 2013
7 p.m.–8 p.m.
|January 24, 2013
|Applications were available online.|
|March 3, 2013||Applications were due (11:59 p.m., PST).|
|March 13, 2013||Letters went out to those selected for interviews.|
|March 17, 2013
|Meet-and-greet with interview candidates in Fireside Room.|
|March 18-22, 2013||Interview week.|
|April 1, 2013||New council announced.|
|TBD||Meet-and-greet with current and new councils.|
For more information, call x6335 or e-mail PAC Advisor Nicole Ashby.