Department of Public Safety
2013–2014 Malibu Campus Vehicle Permits
§ 3.00.00 Vehicle Registration
§ 3.01.00 All vehicles on campus, including motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds, must be properly registered with Pepperdine University and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Compliance with the registration process includes: the proper display of a campus parking permit, possession of a valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and current DMV registration tags on the vehicle.
§ 3.02.00 University registration may be completed at https://www.thepermitstore.com/ or by coming to the Public Safety office during regular business hours. Registration requires an email address, vehicle information, and a mailing address. Currently, there is no charge for on campus vehicle registration.
To order a parking permit, have your vehicle information ready and follow these instructions:
- After reading the directions, click the link below ("Click here to register!").
- Type "Pepperdine" as your parking destination.
- Select "Pepperdine University" from the list that follows.
- Click "Apply" to apply for a parking permit.
- Read the "Terms and Conditions" and check "I agree."
- On the same page, enter your Pepperdine email address and choose a password. This will be the login information you will use to update your account and place future orders.
- Enter your personal information including name, telephone number (s), and mailing address.
- From the scroll down menu marked "Purchasing As" select your customer type. (i.e. commuter, residential student, faculty/staff, etc.)
- In the fields below, enter your last name and your Campus Wide ID Number (The 8 digit CWID number may be located on the front or back of your Pepperdine ID Card and also when you log into Wavenet). Click "Continue."
- Choose the permit you would like to acquire and click "Buy." If you do not know what permit you should select, please contact The Department of Public Safety at extension x4700 for assistance.
- Enter your license plate and vehicle information and then click "Add vehicle."
- On the following page, you can review your order. To add another permit, click "Add more permits."
- Once you have added a permit for each vehicle you will be parking on campus, click the green "continue" button on the order summary screen.
- The following screen will provide you with an order number. You may print this for your records. You will also receive an email confirmation when your order has been approved and shipped.
- Once approved, you will be able to print out a temporary permit.
- Click "Finish" to complete your order.
- When you receive your new parking permit (s) in the mail, please return to the Public Safety Web site to activate your new permit.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Department of Public Safety at 310.506.4700.
Click Here to Register!