Pepperdine Tuition Remission Program
University employees and their families are eligible to take advantage of the world-class education Pepperdine offers. Learn more about eligibility, tuition discount levels, and reciprocal programs below.
Eligible employees and their qualifying family members who apply and are admitted to study at Pepperdine University will receive the following discounts in tuition charges:
- Fifty percent (50%) tuition remission on courses taken in the University's undergraduate programs with an additional 5% per year of service in an eligible category to a maximum of 100%;
- Twenty-five percent (25%) tuition remission on courses taken in the University's graduate programs with an additional 5% per year of service to a maximum of 75%.
- 100% tuition remission in the "space available program" in the Graziadio School of Business and Management's fully employed MBA and BSM programs limited to one course per trimester provided all program enrollment and participation requirements are met.
Eligibility for staff tuition remission is limited to the following classes of individuals:
- A regular full-time staff member who is continuously employed in a regular full-time position requiring at least forty (40) hours of work per week;
- The spouse of a full-time staff member eligible under category 1 above;
- A dependent son or daughter, 25 years of age or under, of a full-time staff member eligible under category 1 above.
An application form, available from the Financial Aid Office, must be filed with and approved by that office before a tuition discount may be credited to the student's account.
A staff member, spouse or dependent receiving tuition benefits shall be required to pay a registration fee for each session. In addition, all other fees provided for in the catalog shall be paid by the student.
Staff members who live in residence halls shall be required to pay full room and board charges as stated in the catalog.
Reciprocal Tuition Remission Program
The University has entered into an agreement with several other colleges and universities related to Churches of Christ whereby Pepperdine employees' children may receive a 50% discount at one of the following participating institutions:
- Abilene Christian University – Abilene, Texas
- Cascade Christian College – Portland, Oregon
- David Lipscomb University – Nashville, Tennessee
- Faulkner University – Montgomery, Alabama
- Freed-Hardeman College – Henderson, Tennessee
- Harding University – Searcy, Arkansas
- Lubbock Christian University – Lubbock, Texas
- Oklahoma Christian University – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The agreement provides qualifying children of eligible Pepperdine employees with 50% tuition remission at one of the other participating institutions. Interested employees should consult the complete text of the reciprocal agreement for statements of qualifications, benefits and limitations. Copies of the agreement are available in Center for Human Resources or Financial Aid.
Regular employees with assignments of thirty (30) or more hours per week are eligible upon completion of one (1) year of employment. For a complete list of student eligibility requirements, procedures and participating institutions, contact the Center for Human Resources.
Tuition Exchange Program
The Tuition Exchange is a reciprocal scholarship program for children and other family members of eligible faculty and staff employed at over 560 participating institutions. For complete information on this program, visit http://tuitionexchange.org/.