Facebook pixel Federal Work Study | Admission & Aid | Pepperdine University Skip to main content
Pepperdine University

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work Study Program (FWS) is a federally funded financial aid program offered to students who demonstrate financial need. This type of financial assistance award is determined by the Financial Assistance Office. 

 How do I qualify for Federal Work Study?

To qualify for FWS, you must apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and be offered FWS or PWP as part of your Financial Assistance Award.

NOTE: Students who have applied for Financial Aid and were not awarded Federal Work-Study may submit the Federal Work-Study Wait List Form and will be awarded if funds remain and the eligibility criteria is met.

 Who can I contact about Federal Work Study?

• To learn if you are eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study Program at Pepperdine, please visit the Financial Assistance Office in Thornton Administration Center on the second floor or call (310) 506-4301.

 Does having Federal Work Study give me an advantage when searching for jobs?

Important note: students who have Federal Work Study awarded to them are not guaranteed any positions on-campus. All students are given the same, equal opportunity to apply for jobs, if they are eligible, regardless of financial awards. Departments will select the best candidates that suit the positions.