Why Be a Student Employee?
Did you know?
As of 2017, 4 out of 5 Student Employees believe that their on-campus job has prepared them for the workplace and their future careers.
The Student Employment Office has established learning goals and outcomes for all student employees that we serve:
Student Employment Goals
As part of the co-curriculum, Student Employment seeks to facilitate opportunities for students to gain employment, work experience, and professional skills by:
• Providing both on and off campus employers with high-quality recruiting tools
• Providing employers with training and best practices related to employing students
• Providing students with resources to aid them in the job search
• Providing students with opportunities for career exploration and real-world experience
• Supporting the development of essential skills including punctuality, dependability, attention to quality, and personal responsibility
Student Employment Student Learning Outcomes
A student who participates in Student Employment programs will learn:
1. Essential Job Skills: Demonstrate essential job skills such as punctuality, dependability,
and career responsibility.
2. Calling & Career Exploration and Development: Engage in opportunities for calling and career exploration, resume building, and experience related to possible career path.
3. Life Balance & Time Management: Demonstrate improved time management and life balanced between school, work, and social life.
4. Campus & Community Engagement: Show a positive connection to a multicultural campus and community which results in positive feelings of involvement, connectedness to others, and positive retention rates.
We look forward to serving you as a future Pepperdine University student employee,
The Student Employment Office