Week of Hunger & Homelessness
Every year the Pepperdine Volunteer Center participates in the The National Week of Hunger & Homelessness. This year the PVC has partnered with various student organizations to present a week filled with activities to educate the student body, inspire continued acts of service, and bring a greater awareness to the social needs of greater Los Angeles and the world around us. Join us as we bring the campus together in a united call to advocacy, justice, and service.
Calendar of Opportunities
Monday, November 12
Take Back the Night Event
- Partnering with Health and Wellness
- Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- Tables facilitated by campus partners
Amphitheater , 6 p.m. (convocation credit)
Tuesday, November 13
World Kindness Day: Swipe Away Hunger at Waves Cafe
- Donate your meal points to buy produce for the community!
Waves Cafe, 10am-2 p.m.
"The Battle for Venezuela" Screening and Panel
- Partnering with No Lost Generation
- Panel of Distinguished Guests TBD
BPC 191, 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 14
- World hunger simulation
- In collaboration with OXFAM
- RSVP on Volunteer Registration page
2nd Floor HAWC, 6 p.m. (House Cup event)
Friday, November 15
Union Rescue Mission Dinner Service
- Serve Dinner to 1,500 Union Rescue Mission Guests
Union Rescue Mission, 2:30-8:00 p.m.