The Art Gallery
We invite you to participate in preventing sexual assault
The purpose of this art gallery is to allow students to use art as a mode of expression to create a compelling piece of art that embodies the spirit of the Step Up program at Pepperdine. We would like to display art pieces (anonymously, if you prefer) that represent what it looks like to have a campus that steps up against sexual assault. The art gallery will be held in the Joslyn Plaza on Thursday September 29th from 10am-3pm. Each submission will be entered into a lottery process and have the chance to win a prize valued at $100.
Please consider these questions
- What am I doing personally to step up against sexual assault?
- What does it mean to be empowered against sexual assault?
- In what ways do I represent the values of respect, honesty, and integrity?
- Preferred Art Mediums: Ink, Pastel, Watercolor, Chalk, Acrylic Paint, Oil Paint, Pencil, Marker, Charcoal, Photography, and Digital Art
- Deadline: Friday September 23, 2016 by 5pm
- Submission: Art can be submitted in the Pepperdine Volunteer Center (PVC) or the Counseling Center located in the Tyler Campus Center (TCC) across from the Sandbar.
- If you feel it appropriate, please title your art work.
For more information
For any questions or concerns regarding Sexual Assault Awareness Week, please feel free to contact the PVC at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Counseling Center at email@example.com.