Pepperdine Honors Distinguished Alumni
Pepperdine Magazine is the feature magazine for Pepperdine University and its growing community of alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends.
Students from all five schools of Pepperdine University entered a new chapter in their lives when they walked across the graduation stage this summer. At each commencement ceremony Pepperdine honors an alumnus who has exemplified the mission of the University and achieved extraordinary success in his or her chosen discipline. The 2011 Distinguished Alumni are:
- Randy Clark (EdD '05), president and CEO of Border Foods, and a former adjunct faculty member of the Graziadio School of Business Management
- Bernard W. Kinsey (MBA ’73), president and founder of KBK Enterprises, a Los Angeles-based management consulting firm, and former COO and cochair of Rebuild Los Angeles
- Olena Kozlova-Pates (MPP '99), most recently international governance and compliance manager at the Futures Group
- Dennis W. Lowe ('75, MA '77), a licensed psychologist and marriage and family therapist, and professor of psychology at Pepperdine University
- Jason Pates ('95, MPP '99), manager of customer business transformation at Cisco Systems
- Erin Rank (MA '89), president and CEO of Habitat for Humanity for Greater Los Angeles
- James M. Rishwain, Jr. (JD '84), chair and CEO at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman and an expert in legal real estate matters
- Emily Scott-Lowe ('76), a licensed clinical social worker and visiting assistant professor of social work at Pepperdine University
- Robin L. Washington (MBA '95), senior vice president and chief financial officer of biopharmaceutical company Gilead Sciences, Inc.