Pepperdine University to Host 80th Annual Harbor: The Pepperdine Bible Lectures
April 7, 2023 – Malibu, CA –From Tuesday, May 2, through Friday, May 5, Pepperdine’s Office of Church Relations will host its annual multi-day conference, Harbor: The Pepperdine Bible Lectures, on the University’s Malibu campus.
This year marks the 80th anniversary of the Harbor conference, which brings together Christians from across the nation and around the world for a time of education, fellowship, worship, and rejuvenation.
- Bob Goff | "Love Does" | May 5
- Esau McCaulley | “A Biblical Theology of Policing” and “A Biblical Theology of Justice” | May 3 and 4
- Suzanne Stabile and Luke Norsworthy | “Enneagram Wisdom for Meaning and Belonging” | May 3 and 4
- Darryl Tippens, Steven Moore, Joi Carr | “Hyphens Between Heaven and Earth: Faith Formation Through Poetry and the Arts” | May 3
- Rick Marrs | “What the Old Testament Tells Us About God's Love” | May 3
- Kindy DeLong | “What the New Testament Tells Us About God's Love” | May 4
- La Shonda Coleman | “Yes, Jesus Loves Me and So Should I: Cultivating Well-Being Through Self-Care and Self-Compassion” | May 4
- Danny Quintero | “Planning with the Spirit: His Impact on Our Lives and the Church” | May 4
More than 100 speakers from universities and churches across the country will explore the 2023 theme of “God Loves Forever” in a variety of lectures and workshops.
In addition to the Bible lectures, Harbor will feature entertainment, including stand-up comedy performances and a concert by Won by One, Pepperdine’s six-member a cappella singing group; opportunities for exercise such as CrossFit, tai chi, and a group run along the Pacific Coast Highway; and children’s programs for 3- to 11-year-olds. On-campus housing is available.
To register to attend Harbor: The Pepperdine Bible Lectures, visit the event website. Online registration closes on April 17, 2023.
About Pepperdine University
Founded in 1937, Pepperdine University is an independent, Christian university located 30 miles west of Downtown Los Angeles in scenic Malibu, California. The University enrolls approximately 10,300 students across its flagship liberal arts school, Seaver College; the Caruso School of Law; the Graziadio Business School; the Graduate School of Education and Psychology; and the School of Public Policy. Pepperdine is committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values, where students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership. Follow Pepperdine on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.