National Student Employment Week
Pepperdine University 2020-2021 Celebration
Each year colleges and universities across the country recognize the importance of the student work experience during National Student Employment Week (NSEW). Student employment offers students career-enhancing opportunities, the ability to develop skills relevant in any career, and better preparation for the job market upon graduation. Student employees perform invaluable services with enthusiasm, dedication, and initiative on campus and throughout the community. Indeed, most schools and surrounding businesses depend on the contributions of this reliable workforce for the efficient operation of the campus and community. Each year Pepperdine University celebrates National Student Employment Week during the second full week of April. National Student Employment Week enables us to recognize and thank Pepperdine students for the contributions they make as employees to the University and the Malibu community.
Celebrate Your Student Employee(s):
Show your appreciation for all the hard work and support your student employees provide for you and your office! Since we are unable to celebrate in person this year, we have provided a few ideas to show appreciation to your student employees during this week or use your own creative ideas. National Student Employment Week takes place April 12-16, 2021.
Ideas For Supervisors:
- Submit your student employee to be featured on Student Employment Office's Website and Social Media Pages during the month of April. The following FORM needs to be completed by March 30.
- Recognize your outstanding student employee(s)
- Recognize your graduating student employee
- Recognize your student employee who has worked in your office since their first year at Pepperdine
- Recognize your student employee team
- Send personalized emails to each student employee in your department
- Consider holding a zoom meeting with your staff and student employees as you speak words of affirmation to each student employee
- Create a funny music video from your staff members to your student employees
- Compile a video from you and your fellow staff members to each student employee
- Write hand written notes and mail to your student employees
- Select a future date to host a lunch, sundae party or coffee get together for you and your student employees
- Email an encouraging thought or attribute you admire about your student employee each day during National Student Employment Week
- Design fun awards for each of your students: "Best Customer Service"; "Most Likely to Volunteer for Extra Shifts"; "Best Sense of Humor"
- Find an e-card thank you note and have your staff sign it
- Play trivia or other quiz games or have a scavenger hunt via zoom and award small prizes
- Recognize your student employees in your department newsletter, website, social media or staff meeting
- Create a Kudoboard for your student employee(s)
To further honor our student employees, supervisors were encouraged to nominate their deserving student employee as the Student Employee of the Year. All nominees and supervisors are invited to join the Annual Student Employee of the Year awards ceremony, hosted via zoom, as we honored all nominees and announce the award recipients. View all 2020 nominees, finalists, winners. 2021 nominees and award recipients will be posted after the awards ceremony on April 15.