Award for Excellence in Leadership
The Award for Excellence in Leadership honors a woman whose academic leadership has made a significant contribution to her profession. Nominations are sought for women who have had a faculty role (present or past) at Pepperdine University, have been employed by the University for ten or more years, and are role models for academic leaders. Potential areas of leadership could include but are not limited to: administration at the university, school, and division levels; offices in professional organizations and academic societies; leadership in civic and service organizations; and leadership in the areas of scholarship, teaching, and university service. The awardee is honored at the annual Women in Leadership Banquet, which is held on the Pepperdine University campus each Spring.
On behalf of the Provost, the Seaver College Committee for Women Faculty makes up the selection committee. Each fall, this Committee sends out a call for nominations to the entire University. The Committee carefully reads letters of recommendation as well as other supporting materials in the winter, including those for previously nominated candidates. The Committee announces the winner in early spring.
- Chris Chambers Goodman, Professor of Law, Caruso School of Law (2023)
- Maire Mullins, Blanche E. Seaver Chair of English Literature & Professor of English, Seaver College (2022)
- Cyndia Clegg, English Program Director & Distinguished Professor of English, Seaver College (2021)
- Charla Griffy-Brown, Professor of Information Systems and Technology Management, Graziadio School and Management (2020)
- Priscilla MacRae, Professor of Sports Medicine, Seaver College (2019)
- Carolyn Vos Strache, Director of the London Program & Professor of Sports Medicine, Seaver College (2018)
- Connie Fulmer, Professor of English, Seaver College (2017)
- Peggy Crawford, Professor of Finance, Graziadio School of Business and Management (2016)
- Margaret Weber, Dean Emeritus, Graduate School of Education and Psychology (2015)
- D'Esta Love, Chaplain Emerita (2014)